A Little Background About Us
Following graduation from Trigg
County High School in 1941, Thomas Fourshee spent four years in the U. S.
Army. At the end of World War II, Tommy returned to Trigg County and
civilian life as a carpenter which was the trade of his father and grandfather.
At this time he found work as a carpenter's foreman at the newly created and
fast growing Camp Campbell.
Following a lay-off in 1953 Tommy
found a market for his work in Cadiz as a cabinet maker. In a workshop he set up
in the basement of his home on Lincoln Street he also manufactured windows for
Woodruff Lumber Company. Soon various neighbors and family members ask him
to oversee the construction of their homes. This was the beginning of Fourshee
Lumber and other supplies were
purchased from local lumberyards and sawmills. As the business grew Tommy was
able to purchase supplies directly from distributors. He then built an office
and soon added storage space. It was from this location that he began
selling supplies to the public and other contractors.
In 1969 the property on Lincoln
Street was sold to the Trigg County Board of Education as the site for a new
high school football stadium. The business then relocated east of Cadiz on
During the recession of the 1980's
Tommy began to phase out residential construction, concentrating instead on
retail sales and commercial construction.
In June 1991Tommy retired and the
company was incorporated which assured its continuing operation for another
generation. The daily operation of Fourshee Building Supply is now managed
by Tommy's sons. Anthony supervises the heavy equipment and earth moving
operations. John oversees heating, air and commercial mechanics while Paul
manages retail sales.
This family operated business has
a reputation of providing its customers unsurpassed quality in workmanship,
materials and service. It is our goal to continue this tradition.
click here to
learn more about Mr. Tommy